Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Music - Worldismarble (Lan Angela Li)

Video blogging and text blogging don't intersect much, and while perfectly understandable, it's s too bad.
Social commentary set aside, I follow a couple video blogs... And I'd like to share some with you!

Meet Lan Angela Li.
Lan is a blossoming filmmaker and has already won a handful of awards including an audience award in a contest hosted by National Geographic and a grand prize in a contest hosted by the US state department that earned her a 3 week stay in Prague studying cinema this past summer.

She now has her own website, and while there isn't much there yet, I'm sure it will grow, and if you're looking to hire a filmmaker, you can reach her there. Her not so secret online headquarters is her youtube channel, called Worldismarble (clickety click here). She has all manner of interesting videos there, but as you can tell by the title of this post, that's not why I'm posting about her.

Lan is a lady of many talents, amongst those, she is also a talented amateur singer/songwriter/composer (Lan's music playlist). Here are three of my favorites songs, I hope you enjoy her voice as much as I do:





6 comments:

  1. She's really amazing. You'll have to save these songs for your next music mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it!
    Am I making another mix? Not a bad idea. : j

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a talented girl! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That she is! You're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assuming you are who your name suggests, I'd counter that it isn't much of an honor to be featured on a small blog like this.
    It's just an expression of appreciation for the enjoyment your music has brought me.
    Cheers! : j

    ReplyDelete