Friday, March 25, 2011

Photography - Three way photosafari

Greetings readers... Here are the pictures from the latest photosafari!

The usual suspects:
  1. The awesome Eryl, from the "Kitchen bitch ponders", who is becoming a regular.
  2. The most excellent and bodacious Khnoum, who has just (only 3 posts to date) launched a pottery blog.
  3. And yours truly.
The one and only Kass from "The K is no longer silent" was supposed to join us but must have had RL issues... If you see her, please send her our love. : j

Eryl, Kass, and Khnoum each picked a theme for the group, which were: Rotund, Emerge, and Congruity.
Each participant took one picture for every theme. That's three pictures from each participant. A picture from each participant for every theme.

If you'd like, you're welcome to try guessing who took what shots, who suggested which themes, and/or which theme each group of three pictures represents! Good luck with that if you try! : j

(Psst... Click on the pictures to enlarge them. Holding the ctrl button as you click opens pictures in a new tab in most modern browsers, or alternatively wheel-clicking)
------------------------------
On a cloth greenly
---
Gourmandise
 ---
Of angles and curves
 ______________________________
________________________________________________
_______________________________
The more things change
---
The music in my head
 ---
Eggzactly different
 ______________________________
________________________________________________
_______________________________
First I must dive
 ---
Flower on stalks
---
Twiglet

9 comments:

  1. I like The music in my head...is pencil lead. Ha! My own brain...dead weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, but i really like the pencil head pic too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me play, again. I love Flowers on Stalks for its rather eerie quality and that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second one is disturbing. It's got a "gluttony sin" feeling to it. Maybe that's my American spin. We're guilty when we eat.

    The limes look tempting, even though limes on their own aren't something I'd eat. Shows how much sight is a part of enjoying food.

    I love the black and white of the youth by the store window. Such a great moment to capture.

    The colored pencil shavings looks like an art piece.

    The skyline is surreal. Resembles a painting more than real life. Was it manipulated?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great pics. I'm guessing Eryl did the pencil shavings, the lime and the eggs. You did both B & Ws and the blue fence...so that leaves the other 3 for Khnoum. Sorry I got too overwhelmed to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Annie! Your brain seems pretty fruitful lead weight. I like that shot too! : j
    -
    Salut Lulu, aye a lot of people like that shot! Coincidence? I think not.
    -
    Em hotep, Eryl! Thank YOU for playing with us! : j I glad you like that one. The creator feared it might have been a bit overdone. : j
    -
    Torova Theresa! Gourmandise is also the word for the "sin of glutony" in french. You got a bull's eye on that call. There was relief plaque for each of the seven sins at a museum we went to.
    And yeah, the flowers on stalks picture was PSed. : j
    Sorry you liked my pics the least this time. ; j
    -
    Kuairi Kass! Wow you got two of Eryl's right! Your other guesses missed though.
    No worries about missing out, perhaps next time? : j

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I was right about gluttony.

    I didn't like your pictures the least. The ones that stand out to me for whatever reason are the ones I comment on, which usually wind up being food-related. Next time I'll choose better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was only joking!
    And even then, you're perfectly welcome to find the other pictures more interesting, besides I agree with your selection of pictures to comment on!
    I appreciate your visits, thanks. : j

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you were joking. Since I can't really choose "better" if I'm not sure who took the picture, I'll have to go with what strikes me.

    Can't wait for the next photo post.

    ReplyDelete