Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Music video - Double bill: Coco Rosie / Florence + The Machine

Been going through some changes lately. Today I've stumbled onto two bands that I find quite interesting... and that spark some ambivalent feelings in me.
I can say for sure that I like these two tracks... Or perhaps it's the way they reflect how I'm feeling at the moment... It would seem I'm not so sure after all. : j

At any rate perhaps you might like them, so here they are!

Florence+The Machine: What the water gave me


CocoRosie: Fairy paradise (music starts 1m50s in)



Florence+The Machine
Their website (with news, a music player, shop)
Facebook
Myspace (with music)

CocoRosie
They don't seem to have home pages at the moment (down I'm guessing)
Facebook
Myspace (with music)
Very good fansite (with info, music,the works)

4 comments:

  1. I always like the videos Florence puts out for the visual effect, but can't say I am drawn to the music. CocoRosie...never heard of that one. Strange. Kinda unsettling strange. So I'm wondered if that might be a word for your life at the moment. Hmmm. Hope all is well with you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about F+TM, for me her tracks are hit or miss, and even when it hits, I have ambivalent feelings. For instance, the track I put up is the one I like best (I like its momentum rhythm, its energy) but I find it a bit noisy/loud towards the end... But even so I'm liking that aspect of it right now, though I suspect I might not two days from now. : j

    Cocorosie seem like very interesting people from the interviews and the research I did...

    Strange... I wonder if strange people think of themselves as strange... For me strange is a label applied by others. But some people are disconnected from themselves to a sufficient degree to find themselves strange. And that's completely setting aside people who affect strangeness. End tangent.
    That said, "I" don't find them strange. Unusual, in that they aren't representative of a norm certainly... But that's a good thing.

    I'm alright, how about you? Are your quiet commotion pieces representative of how you've been feeling of late?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Florence + the Machien. Thanks for introducing me to CocoRosie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to share Theresa! That's what this blog is all about! : j

    You never did say what you liked about that show? ; j
    Oh and by the way, it would take more than something like that for me to lose any respect for you. You have so much of it accrued, that it has developed it's own gravity... Against which the mass of a trifle such as this is powerless! : D

    ReplyDelete