Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Art - Two galleries from retronauts

I wasn't quite sure how to categorize this post, and I eventually settled on calling it art.
I recently stumbled onto a site called retronaut, which features thematic retro photo galleries.
Lots of interesting stuff there.

Here are some samples (click on the titles to get the whole enchilada) from two galleries I thought y'all might enjoy.


Cartoons Vs. Old masters

~~--~~


Alternate history by Matthew Buchholz (fullsize to read the caption, it makes the image)
If you like Matthew Buchholz, check out his etsy shop in which you can see many more of his creations (he has a cute picture in his etsy profile).

5 comments:

  1. You such a fabulous web travel guide. You know all the great local bars, the best places to shop for value, and where the good history is parked. When's the next tour??? Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially love the Tony the Tiger one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could quite happily eat a whole enchilada now you mention it. Art applies, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I forgot to subscribe to the comments on this post! My apologies everyone!
    -
    Ha Annie, I'm flattered you think that. : j But I might just be parroting "Wait wait don't tell me". ; j At any rate, you're always welcome ride the random stuff from the net train with me. We can share a booth, and swap stories and tunes. : D
    -
    Aloha Theresa. Yeah, I like the one in boston. : D
    -
    Heya Kass! Actually, I think that may be Tony the tigger.
    Tiggers are wonderful things. Their heads are made of rubber, their tails are made of springs. They're Grrreat! : D
    -
    Heya Eryl. Glad you found the spot to turn off the word verification, by the time I saw your post, you had already solved your problem. Community support. ; j
    Yeah, I agree, art applies.

    ReplyDelete