Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Art - Matias Adolfsson the illustrator extraordinaire

Meet Matias Adolfsson, a fellow blogger and an awesome freelance illustrator hailing from Sweden.

His sketchbook illustrations remind me of those I used to see in children's books... I find myself grinning goofily as I butterfly from sketch to sketch. Perhaps you'll enjoy them as well.

His blog is loaded with his art: check it out!
His personal website also has contact info and archives of his drawings and sketchbook illustrations.
This is his deviant art account.

Have a look for yourselves:
(Much better expanded to see the crazy details he puts into his works! Wheel click or ctrl+click on the images to open larger versions in new tabs)

-
--
-
-
--
-
-
--
-
-
--
-
-
--
-

6 comments:

  1. Discount Heaven is amazing. Wicked detail!!!! Ooooo Ahhhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheh! Glad you liked him!
    My fav was the "we come in peace" one... "Amaze aliens with flying teapot technology" and "We come with peas"... LoL! : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Reminds me of some of my children's books from the 1970s. That one in the shop I could picture looking at for many minutes. Why as children do we pore over details and then gloss over them as an adult? When I was a kid, the illustrations were a big part of the story. While I still appreciate them, I don't have the same eye.

    Maybe it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "Ringo" yellow submarine. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These illustrations remind me of a kids book I was obsessed with ummm ... I think it was called 'The Trouble With Mum.'

    ReplyDelete