Saturday, May 1, 2010

Movies - Eztakes

I found this awesome website via Boing Boing: Eztakes (links directly to their free stuff section)
This amazing website offers free legal movies for direct download or to watch as streaming video!


There are a lot of bad and very bad movies there (e.g. "Santa Claus Conquers the martians")... There are some classics (e.g. "Call of the wild" with Charlton Heston)... A lot of old movies (a lot of Buster Keaton for isntance)... Some rarities... Some cult films... And some jewels too!

Essentially it's a very eclectic mix of stuff...Especially in the free section. That said, it's worth taking a look at all their stuff, even the stuff that isn't available for free tends to be priced reasonably. For example, Charlie Chaplin's "The kid" is only 4$.

(click the banner for their homepage)

12 comments:

  1. I'll have to look into this, sounds fun!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such an awesome comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Twas a pleasure!
    I only comment when the posts are interesting, so thanks for writing interesting posts!
    Cheers. : j

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always on the lookout for places I can watch movies online (legally), so thanks for this link!

    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, your questions gave me great stuff to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure, Sangu. It was a pleasure rapping off of your cue. : j
    I'm glad people find the stuff I drop here useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely take a look - thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Eternally Distracted. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pleasure, that's what this little side blog is for.
    Cheers, Creepy Query Girl. : j

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome thank you! Il ove Santa Clause conquers the Martians. I wish I had that one on DVD. My kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You love "Santa Claus conquers the martians"? Seriously? Interesting.
    Well, I'm glad this is turning out to be useful for you. : j

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not much into watching movies online, but my partner would like this. I'll share it with her.

    And hey, thanks for the music suggestions. I actually liked ALL of your choices. We aren't so different after all....

    ReplyDelete
  11. My pleasure (sharing music).
    It's a fascinating post: I've been following the comments and the music suggestions and I've discovered a lot of music I wasn't familiar with. Some of which I actually liked. : j

    As to our being different, maybe we are, maybe we aren't. Perhaps it's to early to tell. But it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete