Sunday, May 9, 2010

Music - Heidi Talbot

There are voices that leave impressions on you... In the late eighties I discovered a band called Cherish the ladies. Yesterday, I heard a voice on a folk webradio... It was one of those "Hey I know that voice" moments, but I couldn't place it.... The song came to an end and they said it was Heidi Talbot. No reaction: I didn't know the name. A few moments websearching later "Ooh, cherish the ladies!" She had gone on to do a solo career I hadn't heard about.
She has a beautiful smoky clear voice that's perfect match for singing folk. If you like Irish music and female singers take look at her myspace (click here).

As usual a youtube video as a foretaste. : j

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! Lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Saumya!
    You're quite welcome, its fun sharing lovely or interesting things with people who enjoy them.

    Thank you... But this isn't really my blog: it's my closet, I just keep the treasures here. : j
    The blog is in another castle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of her or that group...my I tend to dwell in the land of 60s and 70s music. Maybe it's time I spread my wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rebecca, nice to see you here.

    Cherish the ladies targeted a specific niche of traditional Irish/Celtic music, so unless you are interested in that genre or unless you folk the folk scene (in which I hear they are fairly active)I'm not surprised you haven't heard of them...

    There's a lot of beautiful music out there whatever your tastes.

    If you spot any during your flight please share, it's always nice, or at least interesting, to hear new music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I stopped by. I'm always on the quest for new music! I also wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog and for your support in the contest I'm in. It is very, very appreciated. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the same quest. : j
    So always up for suggestions, especially if it's soft and beautiful music (but not exclusively). Wink wink nudge nudge.

    Don't mention it. It was a pleasure, one I intend on reiterating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, she's new to me but you're absolutely right about her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, she has a wonderful voice to suit the meaningful lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there Creepy, thanks for stopping by. : j
    Aloha Paul, a concise and spot-on comment. True to form. : j

    ReplyDelete